Parents have controls
Primarily created for children, makes parental control a must aspect of the game. Parents are free to keep a track record about how their child manages the gameplay.
- Whatever activity the children engage in can be monitored. Parents can make use of their parent dashboard to monitor their child player’s account.
- Parents are required to log into their parental dashboard page to gain access. After the compulsory log in, you have to activate your parent dashboard.
- In case you see your child getting bullied by other players, you can take the necessary action. You can file online complaints against the harassers immediately to freeze their account.
Filter the chats
Parents should be involved in their children’s online activity when they are of a certain age. During that time their understanding of right and wrong is not too reliable, making parental guidelines and interference almost necessary. The three forms of chats strive to do just that.
- Bubble chats are where you cannot type messages. You have to select from a range of preloaded texts and phrases to interact.
- Restricted messages let you type messages. However, you can only type words from the dictionary that is pre-chosen by the developers.
- Safe chat lets you type freely and send messages to one another. These messages are however run through to safety filters to analyze the graphic content in the messages. It is also a member-only feature.
Blocking and reporting
It is never sensible to tackle bullying in any form from anyone. Animal jam too has a strong intolerance for bullying and abusive behavior.
- If you experience other players being abusive or not obliging by the rules, you can clearly block them. Choosing the block and report option will prevent further interaction with the players.
- You can lock your dens. This will ward off unwarranted players from getting a chance in initiating random conversations.
- Be careful while adding people to your buddy list. If the people there are making you uncomfortable, block and remove them from your buddy list.
Trust the moderators
In animal jam membership center, has well-trained moderators who review every in-game report to assure your safety in the game. They keep a minute by minute record of what you are doing in the game. This tracking also involves the messages exchanged. It is these vigilant antics that make your experience a safe and enjoyable one while playing the game. Self-moderation is also important if you are an adult. If the players are children around the age of ten or above, parental control is a must.